“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.”
Think about such things
Have you recently stopped to think and reflect on truth? The fact that God doesn’t hide Himself nor the truth from us is astounding! He doesn’t play hide and seek, but rather He says, “Seek and you will find” (Matt. 7:7).
What about whatever is noble? Have you thought about how just and right and of good character God is?
Do you keep close to heart and mind how pure Christ had to be in order to die for our sins? What about things that are lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy about God? Have you noticed how He has intricately created the things around you, including you and your family?
I have been thinking more and more about how I just don’t praise, thank, or even acknowledge God on who He is. Instead I just think about my feelings, my circumstances, and ME when talking to God. I get so wrapped in fear and insecurities, that I do the opposite of what scripture tells me too – think about all that is good, and, ultimately, the One who is truly true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy. Join me in thanking and praising God for Who is He, what He has done, all that He is going to do and work things out for our good, and all that He has created.
I “mustache” you a question…
Have you ever thought about having a furry thing on your upper lip for a month so you can meet people for the purpose of the Gospel?? I know, it sounds strange and unusual, but this was an idea that came around in our staff brainstorming at the end of last semester. And we came to see this idea become a realization the last Tuesday of March.
We invited the whole campus to a Mustache March Competition, and we had a great turnout! The best part was the response cards we had everyone fill out on whether they were interested in talking more about Jesus or not – though many were not, there was a good handful who were! Our servant team students are now following up with them. Just goes to show you that even weird ideas can be successful and for the glory of God!!
Passing the baton
We continued our tradition of leaving our Servant Team students to take over the duties of the ministry so they can learn how to become better leaders. After a week of inviting students to events, planning the events, running the evangelism table, following up with students from the competition, etc. they are off to a great start!
At our final retreat of the year, the Servant Team thought of the topics, gave the talks, invited other students – everything! The staff got to enjoy being with the students, learn how to take over other responsibilities at retreats (like cooking food). It was a great last retreat before everyone leaves for the summer, and we’re excited to see how these leaders will do the last few weeks of school.
We thank you for all your prayers! We thank and praise God for you in our lives, partnering with us is the ministry He has called us to. We would love your prayer for:
- The students as they prepare to leave for the summer; that they will make wise decisions for and during their summer for God’s glory.
- Everyone, including staff, will finish our last few weeks of school strong and still share the Gospel with as many people as we can, especially those who we have been sharing with all year.
- Those who have yet to put their trust in Christ will make a decision before they leave school: Jeremy, Richie, Dan, Chelsea, Megan, Gavin, and others.
- The new believers will have a chance to grow their roots into Christ.
- For guys to sign up for Crush Fear, so the ladies who want to come have a chance. Also for the students coming will have their support raised, and their lives changed to no longer live in fear!
- Pray for Malcolm’s sister and brother-in-law, and their three kids, as they leave for Haiti on April 10th for at least 2 years!