“Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
1 Corinthians 15:58
We just wrapped up another school year at Fort Lewis College, and this semester has definitely been eventful!!
- At our Mustache March Competition, we had 5 new people show up, 4 of which were interested in talking to someone more about Jesus.
- Russ and Linda Akins, the founders of Master Plan Ministries, celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary with the college students at our Thursday dinner, where the students got to pick their brains about having healthy relationships.
- Our last retreat of the year was a great success where some of our students took big steps of faith by sharing their testimonies and presenting a talk for the first time.
- We got to take a fun weekend trip with the students to Moab, UT. We had one student come who we’ve seen on and off throughout the year, and now wants to be discipled next year.
- We accepted 3 of our students (who are graduating this weekend) onto our staff team! Brandon Cox and Dakota Woodie came in as freshmen, and Anne Barby (almost Anne Cox) came in 2 years ago. All three have been excellent students to work with, and we are thrilled to have them on our team in Durango.
- This semester alone, we know of at least 6 people who have indicated a decision to follow Christ on campus!! Praise God for changing the policy by this second semester so we can share openly the Gospel. Lives were changed for eternity this semester!!
- Pray for the students to have fruitful walks with God over the summer, and to continue to take good steps of faith.
- Pray for those who have heard the Gospel this year to receive Christ sooner rather than later, and that more people will share with them over the summer
- Pray for Crush Fear, which is May 19th- June 2nd. Pray that the staff will finish all that we need to before hand, that the students coming will have all there funds raised in time, and that they will crush fear during the project that will help them live bold lives for Christ!
- Pray for us to rest this summer, and also be able to boost our monthly monetary needs by asking others to partner with us.
- Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and financial support this school year!! We thank God for you and your partnership in our work on campus.