“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.”
|Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch|
This Little Light of Mine
If you haven’t discovered yet about Master Plan Ministries, we really – I mean REALLY – want people to know Jesus! Though we hit some snags in reaching the campus with the Good News of Jesus Christ this semester, God has had no problems reaching people!!
One day the guys couldn’t find any place on campus to have their bible study, so they went inside a room next to the public ping-pong and pool table. The room has tons of open windows for everyone to look in. The next day, a guy named Elvin approached Malcolm as he was heading into an appointment with another student. “What were you guys doing in that room yesterday?” he asked. “We were having a bible study,” Malcolm replied. The guy proceeded to ask if Malcolm would have time to talk to him. As he couldn’t at that moment, he told him he couldn’t but would like to talk a little later. After Malcolm’s other meeting, he found Elvin in the same place, almost waiting for Malcolm to get done.
Elvin had a lot of hurt from a church from his hometown, and so many other things that weighed heavy on his heart and mind. Malcolm got the chance to not only listen to this guy, but also share the Gospel with him! Though we haven’t seen much of Elvin, we are still hoping for another chance to follow up with him. Please pray for Elvin!
The other great opportunity we had was at our latest retreat. We tried super hard to invite new people to come, and God provided the new people! We had around 6 new people, at least half of which are not Christians!! I (Leah) had an opportunity to share the Gospel with “N”, who was at the retreat solely to find out more about Christianity.
I asked her questions about what she liked and didn’t like about Christianity. One of the things she liked (which she found quite a few things appealing) was forgiveness, and how you can always be forgiven. The one thing she said she didn’t like was “the whole accepting Christ in your life thing”. I asked, “Oh, like how exclusive it is?” “No,” she replied. “It just doesn’t make sense to me, because I’ve never had an experience like what others have talked about.” Though I did share the Gospel, “N” was very overwhelmed with all the information she was receiving. We are hoping to get together before Thanksgiving break to talk more. Please pray for “N” to know Jesus personally, and that her and I can at least meet up and talk more.
The last neat thing that happened at the retreat was I found out that one of the new students (who has been meeting with another staff member) was a camper in her cabin at Camp Id-Ra-Ha-Je West in 2005!! They had had a tender moment in the cabin, which is one of the few moments I can remember from 8 years ago.
In all these stories, we can see how God is orchestrating a grand story. He has been so faithful in our lives, and in the lives of those around us. He is drawing people to Himself, and He has chosen to use us as we allow ourselves to be available to share His Good News!!
|Brandon and Anne giving a talk on discipline and commitment at our last retreat. They got engaged 2 weeks later!! Pray for them as they make plans and finish out their last semester of college.|
- Keep praying for the situation with the administration. A letter has been sent, and the administration said they will look over the policy! Praise God!!
- Pray for God’s wisdom and good ideas on how to continue to reach the freshmen! We can tell there has been another shift in the students, and we need to just think about our game plan to reach them.
- Denver Christmas Conference (DCC) is a 5-day conference with Cru, which is such a neat time for our students and us. The students not only get challenged to share their faith and to live boldly back on their campuses, but also to spend their summers for God. Pray that many of our students will commit to go, and that they will learn a lot from their time there.
- This semester is very quickly coming to a close – and we can hardly believe how fast it has flown by!! Keep praying for perseverance and energy to finish strong on campus!!
- Continue to let us know how we can be praying for you as well!! We thank and praise God for you and all your prayers and financial contributions to keep us in full time ministry at Fort Lewis!!
|Celebrating Shawnee's (far right) at retreat|