tabs

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

White


If you had to wear one, white t-shirt for your entire life – that grew with you and you couldn’t remove – could you keep it clean for your whole life? If you answered yes, I beg to differ.
I have this one white shirt, that I don’t even wear that often, that I try to keep extremely white. I spray stain remover in the armpits and every place I dribble coffee on it (because it never fails I dribble) at every cleaning. It’s becoming progressively harder to keep it clean and white.

I'm impressed with people who can keep their clothes clean for one full day! I was just looking at some wedding pictures, and how clean and white my dress looked. Now when I look at the bottom of my dress, it looks more like a gray/tan color than white. And I only wore it for one day!
This is how we are with sin. We can try (or not try) to be good people, but we naturally screw up. Just like it is impossible to keep a white shirt perfectly white for our entire lives, it is impossible to go our entire lives without sinning.
Sorry if you thought you were saved by good your deeds. Isaiah 64:6, Romans 3, and pretty much the entire bible says otherwise.
But that’s why Jesus is SO AMAZING! Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” He died and gave us eternal life. He gave us a whole new white, stain resistant shirt. Knowing this, I have one question:
Are you still living to keep your shirt clean, or for the one who gave you the clean shirt so you can truly live?

No comments:

Post a Comment